10 tips on how to kick-start the new school year
Updated: Aug 9, 2020
Here are 10 back to school tips to kick-start the new school year and get you prepared for a fresh start.
1. Get your yearly checkup. School and germs go hand in hand, so it’s best to get your checkup before schools even start.
2. Get back into your sleep routine. Begin your usual school sleep routine about a week or so before schools start.
3. Shop for school-supplies. Be prepared and look for after school sale specials.
4. Re-establish school routines. About a week or so before schools start, plan a few outside activities where your you will have to leave and come home around the same time you would if you were in school.
5. Set up a homework station. Sit down and designate a time and place where you will do homework each day.
6. Prepare for the unexpected. Before school even begins, it’s a good idea to prepare for the unexpected such as doctors appointments, or trips out of town, or work schedule if you are working after school.
7. Make an after-school game plan. Create a schedule for your after school activities including study time. This will help eliminate any confusion during the first few weeks.
8. Turn off the TV and video games. Ease your into the learning process by turning off the electrics and be encouraged to read quietly.
9. Review school material and information. Make sure that you mark down all important dates on your calendar.
10. Manage your anxiety. Maintain a positive attitude about summer ending.